The Schools of McKeel Academy is looking to fill our IT Web Systems Developer I position with a Junior PHP developer. Interested applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is primarily remote work, but applicants need to be able to attend occasional in-person meetings at our business office and schools in Lakeland, Florida. This position is on a small, three-person team. The role primarily consists of two components: customer support and development.
- First point of contact for help desk support regarding our custom in-house systems, as well as several 3rd party systems we are responsible for managing.
- Customers are primarily our teachers and staff, but often also include our student body and parents.
- Backend work will be completed via PHP utilizing the Laravel framework with a MySQL database.
- Frontend work will be completed via HTML, jQuery, CSS, and Blade. We are considering moving forward with another template framework like Vue, Tailwind, or Inertia.
Candidates must have the following to be considered:
- Customer support experience
- A solid understanding of frontend technologies
- At least one year of experience with PHP
Ideal candidates would also have the following:
- Strong written communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with the Laravel framework
- Experience designing UIs within existing templates
- Comfort utilizing and extending established design patterns